The youth and children of our congregation participate in the ministries of Trinity in a wide variety of ways. They are seen as an integral part of our community of faith and life. Each committee within our congregation seeks to include children in all aspects of ministry.
High School and Jr. High Youth
- Fall Leaf Raking Our youth gather on the first Saturday in November to rake leaves for some of the elderly in our community.
- Midnight Bowling on the Friday after Thanksgiving our youth enjoy a relaxing and entertaining time together as they stay awake to raise those scores and make those strikes.
- Car Hop This car show bring drivers with their automobiles from throughout our community and around the state to enjoy this great afternoon complete with awesome cars and motorcycles, good food and rocking oldies music. The youth provide food, and help with keeping everything running smoothly. Proceeds raised support youth ministry trips. Join us annually on the first Sunday afternoon in June here on the streets around our church.
- Quake is an annual overnight event held in Pittsburgh each January. This Spiritual retreat is led by Youth Encounter Bands and speakers. Most of our youth attend this and enjoy the forums, guest speakers, dances, music, and food.
- ELCA Youth Gathering Our high school youth have a long history of attending the ELCA Youth Gatherings once every three years. They return with a wider sense of the church, a larger sense of who God is, and energized for involvement in ministry back in World. In July 2012 they attend the gathering in New Orleans.
- Snowtubing We travel together to Seven Springs for an enjoyable Friday evening of tubing on the snow. It is fun as those who tube fly down the hill and warm back up with hot chocolate inside the lodge. This event is for families.
- Community Ministry Our youth find ways to be involved in our community as opportunities are presented to serve food at local soup kitchens, collect items and assemble school bags, purchase and wrap Christmas Basket items for those in need, and distribute boxes of food to the hungry.
- Pirates Game Each summer on a Friday evening our congregation takes a bus to attend the Pittsburgh Pirates game. What fun it is for ALL ages!
Elementary and Younger
- Egg Hunt Each year near Easter our congregation and its children gather for an egg hunt at church. We have cookie decorating, storytelling, active games, Easter crafts, and of course the search for eggs!
- Worship All children are welcome at worship. We have children’s bulletins, children’s time/message, and on occasion the Sunday School choir will lead us in music.
- Family Fellowship Throughout the year families are encouraged to attend congregational events such as the Mother’s Day banquet, the Church picnic, game night, and Kickin’ Keystone Saturday at the park.
- Service Our children are instrumental in gift wrapping and pizza eating before Christmas. They delight the elderly as they Christmas Carol to their homes. They make unique Advent and Easter decorations to share with our homebound members.