This committee takes pride in being known as the “fun” committee of the church. The group provides events that allow for interaction between members who attend different services and between all diverse age groups.
In addition, these events serve as easy openings to invite new people to be introduced to the congregation of Trinity. Activities are planned for most months.
- Community Dinner and Devotions are held the first Wednesday evening of the month at 5:00 pm. This full meal is served to all who call the church office to make reservations the Monday prior to dinner. A different pastor from the community leads the devotions each month.
- Noonday Lunches include an hour of lunch and short devotion so that persons who are working, may return in a timely fashion. A different pastor from the community leads the devotions each month. These lunches are generally the third Wednesday of the month. Please call the church for a reservation.
- Congregational Picnic is held each summer, on a Sunday morning and afternoon usually in late August. We have worship service at the park followed by a meal and fellowship. This is a great way for our church to be seen as alive and active in the everyday life of our community.
- Christmas Caroling is held on a Sunday evening in December. In groups we visit our homebound members and return to church for a pizza party.
- Mother’s Day Banquet is held on a Saturday evening in early May. All women of the congregation and their children are welcome to attend for this time of dining and entertainment.
- Pirates Game Each summer on a Friday evening our congregation takes a bus to attend the Pittsburgh Pirates game. What fun it is for ALL ages!
- St. Vincent Summer Theater and Cabrera We join together with a group from Prince of Peace Lutheran Church to attend this delightful evening of theater and celebration. What an enjoyable summer evening event.
- Receptions and Congregational Dinners are often hosted by the committee for special events, guest speakers, and annual meetings.