God blesses us here at Trinity with a variety of groups so that we can have fun and fellowship; find support and encouragement; and offer service and praise. As you look over these groups, please know that all are welcome! For more information about any group, contact the church office.
Men’s Ministry–currently suspended due to Covid
Trinity’s Men’s Group meets the 2nd Saturday of each month, 8:00-9:15 am, at the Coffee Bean on Route 30, Latrobe. Men of all ages are welcome to join in the conversation as they plan events and spend time in prayer and devotion.
Mission: To know Christ and to Make Him Known.
Purpose: Connect men with other men in the faith community; Support men in their daily life and walk of faith through prayer, Bible study, and worship; and Equip men for life and ministry in their families, workplace, community and church.
Prayer Group meets on Tuesday mornings at 11:00 in the chapel to pray for people who have requested prayer and for the ongoing work of ministry in the world.
Senior Citizens Group–currently suspended due to Covid
For members and non-members who are 55 and over, this group meets the 2nd Monday of each month in Fellowship Hall, beginning with a meeting at 10:30 am, followed with a meal at Noon and a program.
Women’s Ministry / Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Esther Circle meets on the 3rd Friday of each month at 1:00 pm in the Lounge.
- Miriam Circle meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Lounge.
- Project Day meets on Wednesdays (September through May) 9:00 am to Noon in the Weis Room. Quilt are sewn for Lutheran World Relief and lap robes are made for our shut-ins.
- Purls of Prayer meets on Thursdays 2:00 pm in Room 102.
- Funeral Dinners are prepared and served in Fellowship Hall for families by many of our women.
As a community of women, created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to:
- grow in faith,
- affirm our gifts,
- support one another in our callings,
- engage in ministry and action,
- and promote healing and wholeness in the Church, the society, and the world.
The youth and children of our congregation participate in the ministries of Trinity in a wide variety of ways. They are seen as an integral part of our community of faith and life. Each committee within our congregation seeks to include children in all aspects of ministry.
High School and Jr. High Youth
- Fall Leaf Raking Our youth gather on the first Saturday in November to rake leaves for some of the elderly in our community.
- Midnight Bowling on the Friday after Thanksgiving our youth enjoy a relaxing and entertaining time together as they stay awake to raise those scores and make those strikes.
- Car Hop This car show bring drivers with their automobiles from throughout our community and around the state to enjoy this great afternoon complete with awesome cars and motorcycles, good food and rocking oldies music. The youth provide food, and help with keeping everything running smoothly. Proceeds raised support youth ministry trips. Join us annually on the first Sunday afternoon in June here on the streets around our church.
- Youth Quake is an annual overnight event held in Pittsburgh each January. This Spiritual retreat is led by Youth Encounter Bands and speakers. Most of our youth attend this and enjoy the forums, guest speakers, dances, music, and food.
- ELCA Youth Gathering Our high school youth have a long history of attending the ELCA Youth Gatherings once every three years. They return with a wider sense of the church, a larger sense of who God is, and energized for involvement in ministry back in World. In July 2012 they attend the gathering in New Orleans.
- Snowtubing We travel together to Seven Springs for an enjoyable Friday evening of tubing on the snow. It is fun as those who tube fly down the hill and warm back up with hot chocolate inside the lodge. This event is for families.
- Community Ministry Our youth find ways to be involved in our community as opportunities are presented to serve food at local soup kitchens, collect items and assemble school bags, purchase and wrap Christmas Basket items for those in need, and distribute boxes of food to the hungry
Elementary and Younger
- Egg Hunt Each year near Easter our congregation and its children gather for an egg hunt at church. We have cookie decorating, storytelling, active games, Easter crafts, and of course the search for eggs!
- Worship All children are welcome at worship. We have children’s bulletins, children’s time/message, and on occasion the Sunday School choir will lead us in music.
- Family Fellowship Throughout the year families are encouraged to attend congregational events such as the Mother’s Day banquet, the Church picnic, Movie Nights, Paint Party Nights, Rally Day, Hunger Walk.
- Service Our children are instrumental in gift wrapping and pizza eating before Christmas. They delight the elderly as they Christmas Carol to their homes. They make unique Advent and Easter decorations to share with our homebound members.